Wednesday, October 21, 2015


Every Wednesday, I am going to challenge my followers to "Write it Out".  I have spent the last several months working on myself as a writer and throughout my time with the Hudson Valley Writing  Project, I have discovered that writing is not a chore, but a way to relinquish ones ideas, frustrations and triumphs.  It can also be very cathartic.  Likewise, if you are a teacher of writing, there is no better way to refine your teaching of writing, than by writing your self.   Here is where your challenge comes in.  I want you to make time to write EVERY day.  Think about what you currently do and how can you carve out some writing space?  I have decided that I am going to write for 15 minutes at the end of every school day.  The kids get on the bus at 3:15 and I will write until 3:30.  I do not have a plan for what I will write about, but I will write something.  I have been looking through Kate Messner's 59 Reasons to Write book.  It is fabulous.  I have found so many ways to incorporate writing into my day because of it.  I also enjoy the daily warm-ups.  

Here is a piece of what I wrote yesterday...

I'm not really sure where I got you, but I know you were a gift. You were chosen because I like to read and I like owls.  Your happy inscription-Think Happy Be Happy is well needed right now.  I need to hold on to something as everything I own is packed away and put into storage.

Go on, you can do it...Write it Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment