Have you ever wondered, "How can I get my kid to understand that reading is important?" or "How can I get my kid to read more?" Well here are 10 things you can do to help raise a reader. Have fun, create reading nights in your house, visit the library together, attend author events at your local bookstore. Reading is a great family activity that promotes love of reading, conversation, family bonding and helps develop your child's sense of who they are. Happy reading and feel free to post pictures, comment or share other fun family ideas.
1. Have books everywhere.
2. Let them see you read.
3. Celebrate books and acknowledge authors as the rock stars they are.
4. Give books as gifts.
5. Keep it fresh. Find out about new books coming out.
6. Encourage unsupervised reading.
7. Let “going to the library” be more than just checking out books.
8. Help them find books that align with their interests.
9. Never force it.
10.Create a bedtime reading routine.