Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Quote of the Day


"The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why."
-Mark Twain

When I first read this quote, I was struck by the fact that some of us find out why we are on this Earth earlier then others and some of us never seem to quite figure it out.  It makes me think of all of the children that are cursed with an incurable ailment.  What are they here for?  To teach others to be thankful for what they have, to prove a point?  Why should they suffer the consequence of a short life?  I guess what I am trying to say is do something with your time here.  Whether you find out what your purpose is early on or it takes you your entire life to figure it out, make it count.

I don't feel like I am not supposed to be here, but I'm not sure if I have found out why yet.  I have a wonderful career, husband and children.  We are in the process of buying our house, but is that it?  I don't mean to trivialize my life's path, but I want to fulfill my purpose here.  Am I just a mother, wife, educator, sister, daughter, granddaughter...Yes, I am!  It is okay to be just.  I am here to be a mother to two spitfire boys.  To show them that life is amazing and hard and scary and worthwhile.   I am here to create moments of joy that become imprinted into their brain. I am here to be the wife to a man who loves me. I am here to be the sister that my siblings can look up to and be proud of.  I am here to be the daughter that appreciates her parents decisions even if it was hard to make those choices.  I am here to be the granddaughter that remembers and holds onto and passes on the traditions.  I am here and that is why.  It is just enough.

Have you found out why you are here?  Does it matter if you ever find out?

No comments:

Post a Comment